Netflix and Caucuses

So with bedrest and the impending baby, we finally joined the rest of the 20th century and joined Netflix. We got our first movie today (The Illusionist) and are now ready to send it back and move down the cue. Kind of ingenious, though the site crawls for us for some reason -- takes forever to add movies. Not sure why -- our machines? Our router?

We also caucused tonight. INSANE. Summit and Grand were backed up for over a mile heading to Ramsey Jr. High. Patrick dropped me off at the huge line, but I got into the building before he parked and got to me -- and there was no cell phone service inside the building. I struggled down to the room, getting completely jostled; I just do not look 39 weeks pregnant and it was so packed no one could see anyway. Plus I was supposed to be in bed. Plus none of the volunteers really knew where anything was, and our neighborhood recently got redistricted so they got a whole lot of new, active people (and a really small room to put us in). Got into the room (they were letting in 2 people at a time), signed in, voted, tried to make my way back out. Never did find Patrick. Walked over to a coffee shop and we eventually found each other (once he got a signal again). Crazy!

Somewhat enervating, though. I think MN went 67% Obama.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy