Crappy Day Gift Basket

I seem to have an affinity for incredibly awesome online communities. Recently I have become part of a group of neighborhood women that has been a lot of fun, as well as a genuinely caring and supportive community.

One of the members came up with a great idea for a "Crappy Day Gift Basket" exchange. You know those days that have totally sucked, and you just don't have it in you to see the bright side? When everything seems to suck? I was just feeling sorry for myself because, in years past, my mother had possessed a magic way to sense those, and would often drop by on those days and drop off a pair of earrings she had seen at a craft show, or a new book, or the like, and I miss that.

Well, my CDGB exchange partner totally hit it out of the park with my bag:

(each one has a little note about when to use it, plus some great inspirational quotes and such).

Part of me is almost looking forward to having  crappy day, so I can open one of my gifts.

And the other part knows that with friends like this, I may never have a crappy day again!

Thanks to http://athleticmonkey.com for coming up with the idea, and to the AMAZING http://diningwithalice.com for the bag. I am so lucky to have them in my life!

Comments

Wendy said…
Yay! I'm so glad you are a part of our little community!

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set