Tortoise and the Hare

You would think, by my lack of posting this month, that I had been working even more hours than usual.

Actually, I took a cue from last year, when I discovered how insanely busy May is with the end of the school year. We had circus (6 shows this year!) and dance performances, a piano recital, and her brownie bridging ceremony. We had school field trips and year-end projects, and the long Memorial Day weekend. We got a kitten and began dog training classes. We began a plethora of house projects. And even with that, and consciously ramping down for the month, I still billed at almost 80%, wrapped up a few projects, and caught up in others.

I'm happiest, though, in the various small projects we got done. Thanks to a holiday gift from my dad, we got a picture framed and worked on some other ones. We worked hard to create a beautiful backyard at Ashland, including amazing lights and planters and a wood bin for the firepit. I made some great cocktail syrups. We cleaned through a lot of Beatrix's outgrown clothes. We hung a bar light at Summit, painted some ceilings there, and bought a new hot tub. We planted the vegetable garden and gave away mulch and a compost bin (there's still mulch, if you need it! Let me know!) We cleared out some things we no longer wanted, which made room for some beautiful new items acquired from a friend selling his home. I learned how to make a ramos gin fizz and perfectly crack shellfish. I went to some great parties. I participated in a Crappy Day Gift Bag exchange with online friends, and have not had to crack a single gift in my bag yet.

All in all, I'm calling May a success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set