Revolt


"Revolt. She said. Revolt again."

Might be one of my new favorite phrases. An excellent title for a play. A look into a new way of living.

It's been awhile since I've seen a show at Frank Theatre, but I have a real weakness for modern feminist British playwrights, and so this one was on my MUST see list. There were practical reasons, too, like I wanted to see the new Gremlin space and Lake Monster is there (though I get enough Lake Monster through FilmNorth). But I was really interested to see how a theater company I respect so greatly would handle this script.

The answer is "amazingly." In a lot of ways, it reminds me of how Full Circle handled 365 Days/365 Plays, which is a similar kind of show created by various short scenes, played by an ensemble, that handles big issues with somewhat dark humor. The playwright is correct, "This play should not be well-behaved." And it is not.

Look, you owe it to yourself to see the show. It's only 70 minutes long, so you can squeeze it in. But be prepared to spend a lot more time than that after the show thinking and talking about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy