Brutus on Brewpubs - Twin Spirits

 


Yesterday, I basically won the lottery. I called in to Twin Spirits Distillery and managed to get a reservation in one of their awesome greenhouses. Date night, here we come! And they allow dogs, so we got to bring Brutus!

Unfortunately, when we got there we found out that somehow that reservation had not gotten recorded (which is probably why they are so insistent in using texting for reservations, which I had not known).

However, they had amazing customer service. They set ups up at a spare firepit that they have for people waiting for walk-up orders (such as cocktail kits). They bought our first round of drinks. I had my mozy and Patrick had a stadium blanket, so we were warm enough. And they moved us to a greenhouse as soon as one was available. So the night was saved!



We had lovely drinks. Patrick started out with a spiked hot chocolate, which Brutus was convinced was a puppichino (I failed to get a picture of him diving for the cup.) I had "The Prez" which was a lovely coffee/vodka thing. Brutus enjoyed multiple dog cookies while watching the surroundings, and made friends with another dog.

Our our second round in the greenhouse, Patrick had a hot toddy, and I had a Rosemary Ruckus. Both were great, though I think sticking to hot drinks (even on a relatively temperate night) was the best choice. Brutus had a nap because all the excitement was wearing him out.


I'm a pretty severe loyalist to my distilleries, as you all know from my Lawless and Stillheart posts (and hey, we picked up some delicious syrup from them Friday night, and if you use the code:  MARCH2MARCH2021 you will get 16% off at their online store all month.) But it's awfully nice to have a new option, and one that's so customer-service forward and dog-friendly as well! Let us know when you would like to meet at one of the fire pits for a socially-distanced drink!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set