Put a Ring on It

One of the side effects of my broken wrist was that my left hand is still swollen (and swells even more when I use it a lot). My wedding ring no longer fits on my finger; the doctor said to wait a few more months before I got it resized or anything because it could still go back down to normal. But in the meantime, I'm almost a full ring size bigger.

(A side note - it's not like I did a ton of circus before, mostly leaving the acts up to Beatrix and the rigging to Patrick. But it's sad to know that now there's no real way I can do it at all. Stupid wrist).

I was really tired of being ringless (though it's not like anyone was exactly hitting on me thinking I was single or anything).

So I ordered a new ring from an online site. I wanted something that looked really different than my real ring, that came fairly quickly, and that did not cost a lot of money (under $50 with delivery).

It came in a cute box:


Was nicely packaged inside the box:


And I think looks sufficiently different:


It's nice to have a ring again, even if I really miss my *real* one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy