Last Weekend of Summer/First Weekend of Fall

We are officially moved back out of Summit and over at Ashland. School has started, and Beatrix was on a  trip with her Girl Scout Troop to Itasca this weekend, so Patrick and I had a wild and crazy weekend planned.


It didn't start out too nuts. Friday night we went to a happy hour at friends, then picked up the kittens from being spayed/neutered. After 3 different tries at take-out (gee, I guess everything is back to "normal, huh?), we got Punch pizza and watched the Trial of the Chicago 7 before heading to bed early. Because we are just that wild.

Saturday, though, we sold/removed Beatrix's old swingset and headed to Yoga and a Pint.


Then over to Blocktoberfest at Dual Citizen, where I did not schmooze enough (see earlier note re: tired) but where we got to see some Playwright's center folks.


I got to show Patrick FilmNorth's new building.


And we worked on the garden at Winter Street some. Then dinner at Sonora Grill and headed to the "Glow" Festival.




After that we went to discover Arbeiter Beer, which was lovely (and, it turns out for the future, dog-friendly).

 Then today it was back to the mat (and yes, I'm a little tired after 2 days of a row of yoga, which clearly means I need to do more!). We went to Mother Earth Gardens to look at native plants for the Winter Street garden, and then went over and got a ton of work done in a short time. Sneak preview of the non-native part; Patrick finished the hosta path:


We then picked up Beatrix from her weekend and headed to Gerten's for some more plant shopping. They have soooooo many plants, but it's really hard to tell what is native or not. But I could spend about a million dollars easily there...

We came back, grabbed Brutus, and headed over to the Andover sunflower field. This is reportedly the last year for the fields, which is really sad because they have become important to us in the last couple of years. I feel like I could do a whole post on the sunflower fields, and I might later. Brutus enjoys them too.



We had dinner at Invictus, which had a surprisingly good food menu for a Blaine taproom, and then headed home where I think I might need a weekend from my weekend...

Comments

Unknown said…
GOOD LORD you keep yourself busy!

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy