Ice Lantern

 

I wanted nighttime illumination for Christmas Eve, but our neighborhood has dropped the luminaria tradition.

We have an ice lantern kit around here somewhere, but my friend Constance had said she had had her most luck with freezing lanterns in buckets, so I decided to try that.

That was during the cold spell, and my first one, left out overnight, froze through and became an ice plinth.


Rounds 2 and 3 did not freeze enough. It was quickly becoming the Goldilocks of ice lanterns.

However, the one I made while I was bring lefse turned out perfectly, is still glowing on our porch when lit, and is the cover photo above. Yay!

May your lights be illuminated!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy