Looking Back on 2022 Resolutions

I just read a friend's post about resolutions vs. goals. She had some really compelling ideas, and came out on the side of goals as achievable things rather than resolutions. Me, I like resolutions, with a side of goals tossed in. My resolution for 2022 was pretty simple:

What if your resolution was simply to be you, and to let more people see that shiny wonderful person that is you, and if you change anything, it's to remove a barrier that is keeping that from happening?

And then 2022 turned out to be pretty much a flaming dumpster fire, full of illness and injury and lost hopes and pain. 

If 2020 was basically shock-and-awe over covid, and 2021 was trying to claw out of it, 2022 was the year that showed how badly things had hit. It was pretty horrible.


 (see, here's my wrist to prove it...)

So yeah, I made it through 2022 and that's about all I can boast. I'm currently sitting on the couch recovering from surgery. I have better hopes for 2023, but I don't want to scare it off right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy