Because Social Media is Not Always The Whole Picture (Project Week)

We've had a lot of discussions about social media in our household lately, and how the image it presents is not always accurate.

So in that spirit...

Getting ready for pool season at Summit is always a LOT of work. Getting the grill, the furniture, and even the party supplies out, ordering propane, assembling supplies, and making small repairs and preparing the garden is a heck of a to-do list. Add to it the fact that the lovely young man from Italy who was staying there (Albi, I hope you all get a chance to meet him) just moved out today means we've had relatively minimal access.

This year we had to add in:

- replacing the pool liner

- Patrick rebuilding the whole deck and part of the fence

- me clearing an area and planting a whole new native garden

Which is to say that I really wanted to make it awesome and perfect for you all, but it's not going to happen.

My attempt at repainting the outdoor furniture was a fail:


The room where the paper goods is stored got somehow locked over the winter and I can't get in, so I just ran out and bought a lot of plates and napkins and such at Target. Beatrix realized *yesterday* that she needs a swimsuit, so we're hoping Amazon comes through.

Patrick (on top of his amazing work on the fence and deck) is still determined to clean things up while I have meetings this afternoon. Godspeed:

And a lot of things are just broken and not working:


We still have to pack and bring the dogs over (I think cats later tonight after the party, I'm not up for dealing with Houdini-level escape artists right now).

So that's us, being real. 

But you know what really matters? YOU. As long as I get to see some of you at a pool party this summer, none of this is that important.

(but please cross your fingers that our straining AC system does not need to be replaced...)

See you tonight? 5pm on. And I think pretty much every Friday this summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy