Not Quite Inbox 0, But...

Last week, my friend Megan told me that each 1,515 emails we store in the cloud translates to one full pound of carbon emissions a year. I made a note on my Trello list (I wonder how much carbon *that* takes up a year?) to delete some emails.

Then today Patrick informed me my work email box was almost fully out of space and I NEEDED to clean it out.

I was volunteering for Circus Juventas this afternoon, posting the show order for parents so they know when to come pick up their kids. Before the show and at intermission I had a few minutes, so I ruthlessly trimmed old email.

Reader, I deleted over 21,000 emails. 

I am sure I will regret some of those later, but at least for today it feels good — and hopefully kicked the can down the road for storage space, as well as saving 14 pounds of emission. 14 pounds is not especially significant, but it is over the equivalent of whole tank of propane for the grill, so I guess I've ensured we can hold pool parties with less guilt this summer.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brutus

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy