The Only Constant is Change
Like Patrick, I am finding myself utterly crushed by the passing of Dolly Parton.
And then I think about the fact that my love for her music has come mainly from my yoga teacher, Viv's love for her and how she has shared that with us. We're a crew of Dolly lovers. And my yoga class is about to change a lot, as the beloved brewery that hosts us has sold and is closing after this weekend. So there's another change.
We're in the process of moving from the summer house back to the winter house. It's highly privileged to say that's a stressor, but it is adding a measure of chaos. Last year when we moved back we had Ximena with us, but this year the house will seem very empty, very soon.
Speaking of that, after some dorm placement drama and the craziness that is Sarah Lawrence registration (the students attend short zooms to learn about each potential class and see if they are a fit for it and the class is a fit for them, then they register — sort of like mini job interviews), Beatrix is pretty much set for registration. In just 72 hours they will be on the road to school. She's ready. I may not be.
Registration opened for Circus Juventas today, and for the first time in 16 years, Beatrix is not registering for a class. The Gala is in three weeks and it does not look likely she can miss class/afford to fly back to perform, so there''s another book closed.
Saint Paul Academy started classes today. Beatrix plans to stop in and say goodbye to a few key teachers this afternoon, before she heads out to a doctor appointment to see if she will need shoulder surgery. The summer has been full of a lot of the fallout from the recent administrative drama there, so I have a lot of feelings.
An old friend has been diagnosed with an aggressively fatal kind of cancer and I'm reeling.
It's a lot right now, on all levels. So if I seem off, please be patient with me!
Comments