Out of my Gourd
As well as doing more work, finishing some house projects, and spending more quality time with Patrick, I have wanted to create more.
So, when we were up at the cabin and visited Vintage Village, I spent literally a few cents to buy some gourds from Jerry.
The other day I washed them, sanded them down, and varnished them.
(this is the project in process, never mind the mess in back)
I mean, as projects go it was pretty basic, though I did also varnish to protect my rattan mushroom for my "Catmint and Confetti" garden at Summit. I'm not thrilled with the plate they are displayed on, and think I might find another bowl.
Still, I'm proud of the project and happy I did it, and think they look pretty good. I'm excited for more creativity to come. If I'm going to have to empty nest, I might as well get something out of it.
Comments