Some More Thoughts On Our Trip



The absolute best times of our "Avoiding Thanksgiving" Chicago trip were the times we spent with friends. Seeing Michelle and Steve (and Eva) on the first night was unbelievably fantastic. Connecting with my cousin Frank and his wife Sandy on the way out of town was equally great, and we could have sat there talking all night.

Our family's idea of "quality time" is generally time spent at museums or performances, exploring together. This trip was no different. I guess our love language is art.

I'm relay starting to like getting a fancy coffee pick-me-up in the afternoons. This could be dangerous.

Spot Hero was easy to use and saved us a ton on parking costs.

Going to big stores seemed like a different world, and though it was interesting to see that world, I'm far more comfortable in small, individual places.

I am still dreaming of the beer at Moody Tongue.

Beatrix is dreaming of redoing her dollhouse, Colleen More fairy-castle style, and I am highly in favor of this plan.

Traveling with my husband and daughter is one of the best parts of a wonderful life together. (but coming home to our crazy household is nice too).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set