Pandemic Projects - In Praise of the Free Sites

One thing I've discovered during covid is, that though my to-do list is long and seems to get longer every day, knocking off a quick "make your world better" project is a big uplift. And for those I have found free sites (like on FB or NextDoor), to be a great help in this. Contactless pick-up, right in your neighborhood, FREE — what's not to like?

Today, I picked up these great, arts-and-crafts styled vases that I filled with flowers from our yard.



Over the weekend, I got a lovely dwarf mock orange bush and some big catmint plants to fill some gaping blank spots in the yard.



I also picked up some lovely, Crate and Barrel dishes and serving pieces so that now all our dishwater at Summit matches and is all coordinated. Patrick is especially excited about the pasta bowls (Beatrix thinks we still need some better cereal bowls). And then I gave away all the mismatched, chipped, or otherwise unwanted stuff.








So here's my challenge to you. it doesn't have to be on a free site, though if it is, all the better. Is there something small in your environment that you can change to make things just a little better?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy