Pandemic Projects - You've Gotta Have Art

One of the main reasons that the Summit house has not felt as much like "home" as the Ashland house is that it's not as art-filled. Everyone who has ever visited Ashland knows that our walls are filled with art. So luckily, with my friend Bethany's help and some pieces scored fro the BST board, I've been able to spice up Summit a little.

I got this great tile from someone off the BST board. My mother loved owls, so it really resonated with me. I really love how it makes the mantle look planned in the space, giving my home some of the arts-and-crafts sensibility back.






















I also hung up this wind chime Ximena gave us over the fountain I set up outside, though I don't think it's in the right spot to catch wind actually. It may go over to Ashland (art that goes between homes is especially great).





Bethany gave me some fun art for the guest bedroom:



And a quartet of pieces I love on my dresser that I wake up to every morning:



And I got this little Petersborough church angel off a woman who was having a free pop-up, which I hung above the coffee maker because coffee is heaven.



I have always wanted one of those book sculptures, so as not to leave Ashland feel neglected, I added it to the library (it's made from a copy of Jane Eyre):


There's plenty of room for more, of course. If I know anything about my life, it's that there is always more room for art, books, and liquor. But it's a nice start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy