New Hair: E-Salon

So, since the pandemic, my hair has 1) gotten a lot longer and 2) gone red. Both are easier to maintain. And everything has been DIY.

I tend to use kind of "whatever is available at the drugstore" to dye my hair. This leads to likely some damage, and certainly some fading. By last week is was "strawberry blonde" at best:


I had had a gift certificate for E-Salon that brought it down to just a couple of bucks, so decided to give it a try.

It arrived quickly, in a lovely box that was both:

1) lovely, and

2) kind of a waste


Applying it was harder than my usual drugstore stuff, which I just shake up in the bottle and slather on. There was one color for the roots, which I mixed up and applied, then 15 minutes later mixed up the end solution and applied that, then 10 minutes later mixed up the leftover with water and applied it all and rinsed it out. It was a lot more work than usual, and the concentration stung my eyes more, and it was messier; the bathroom looked a little like a serial murder site. On the other hand, it smelled a lot better and felt healthier.

So this is after. I admit I did not like it at first (thought he color was not right, thought it was too hard to apply), but I have gotten a lot of compliments about how good it looks and how it looks like salon hair. So now I am mixed on it. I suppose staying power will be another factor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy