Crossing Projects Off the List

I'm not sure I can even call these "pandemic projects" anymore, since it seems to be just life now. Maybe it's a hashtag instead? #pandemicprojects

But in any case, I got through a few things that had been long on the list this weekend, and even though they were not big things, it felt good to have them done!

I made an ice globe with the kit (and by kit I really mean "box with some balloons and tea lights") that I've had for years:


I *finally* replaced the disgusting shiny brass outlets in the bathroom.

Before and After (Beatrix was so proud of me for remembering!):


The biggest one was hanging photos in the stairs to the 3rd floor. When we redid it (ummm, 17 years ago...), we kind of never finished the stairway, and the walls have remained a distressed plaster, partially because I kind of liked them that way. 


But a little sanding and cleaning up made them look like they had patina instead of just being ignored, and I was able to hang some of my photos that have been in the FilmNorth member shows. Patrick was a good sport about hanging them for me, and I am so excited to see them as I traipse up and down to the  office all day.



We've taken care of a few other things as well, such as Patrick hunting down replacement light bulbs for the back stair (Ikea no longer makes them, but he found them on Ebay), brought some kids books that Beatrix had cleaned through to our favorite taproom, and such.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy