Dating in the Time of Omicron

So, based on things we've heard in various meetings lately, Omicron brings a whole new show to town. Today in a meeting an MDH person referred to it as a "vaccine escape" variant. It basically feel like we are playing a game of "Covid Battleship" and I have 3 pegs already on my aircraft carrier.

And it's equally clear that our leaders don't seem to be choosing to do a lot about it either (another post on that later). So we're choosing to dial back our exposure as much as possible to the crucial things such as school, circus class, and work. If you're a friend I've been meaning to get together with — let's put that off a few weeks, ok?

Which is to say that Patrick's and my date night tonight was at home.

We ate a delicious takeout dinner of a green eggplant curry from Cheung Heng, which we have recently discovered.

We also walked up to Golden Fig to buy a bottle of Monday Gin, an NA gin that I have been wanting to try. That part of the night was decidedly less impressive; not only was it expensive (almost $52 with tax), but it was completely lacking in taste. Ugh. Patrick and I don't do much to excess anyway (well, ok, other than pets, books, and art), so I think we're going to stick with the real stuff. I'm actually pretty disappointed, but hey, that can be par for the course in "these challenging times," right?


And then, rather than watching something, we hung out by the fire and talked about not much in particular. The NYT advises having "big check ins" twice a month for all the big issues like "What do you want to take out of the changes that covid has forced?" But tonight, it was really nice to just sit by a warm fire, looking at a man I adore, and having a conversation (even if I should now catch up on work).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy