Small Cozy

We're hunkered down again. Large events (like the huge dance party we took Beatrix to in a sling when she was only a few weeks old) seem like someone else's life, and as I was musing to my friend Siobhan yesterday (while listening to the Pogues), even our trip to Ireland seemed like a lifetime ago. Still, I had been looking forward to one-on-one get togethers with friends, and those are even on hold.

So instead, I'm working on making our place more cozy, without spending any money (free boards are my favorite vice).

Adding things to our living room — new candles in beautiful little tins, a pillow on the chair, poinsettias by the fireplace. Brutus approves.



New drapes in the front windows that have been sitting in a box for years when I got them from my friend Chuck. Cleaning up the plants. I'm still looking for the glass bottles I used to display in the transom window, and I want to find a cozy, snuggly blanket for this area.


Our fig plant was moved upstairs over the holiday and seems to like the light in the bedroom better.


Tiger Lily still prefers our bed.


And we hung up the new art Patrick got me for Christmas from my friend Rachel's Grand Micro gallery. It's by my friend Jen and reminds me of a house we pass on the way to the cabin.


The best thing to make it cozy? Some amazingly delicious king cake from our friends Lindsi and Don. There's less competition for the baby with just 3 of us.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy