DIY Rosé Fest

So our friends Emily and Robert are awesome at fixing situations (dare I say, even at the level of the great Patrick Rhone). When I came down with Covid Part Deux, and was tearful about missing Solo Vino's Rosé Fest, they sprung into action and suggested we do our own — which we did last weekend.


Normally, I but my rosé at Solo Vino, but in this case I admit I just joined the WSJ Wine Club (ping me if you want a referral code) and got a full case, plus bonus bottles and tasting glasses and such, for less than $80 including shipping.

"Chelimsky Catering" did the catering (after I blithely responded that "everything tastes good with rosé," somehow they did not trust that), and we ate like royalty.

As for each bottle:

We started with an incredible rosé champagne (that they brought, not a part of my case), to celebrate our respective capital campaigns. So good, and much better than the somewhat badly cellared Veuve Cliquot I put Colin through the day we closed on the building.


I may bear slightly out of order on this, but I think the next one was the Cascata. I did not know such thing as a Vinho Verde Rosé existed, but I have to say the world is a better place for it (especially following that champagne).


Then a South of France one that might have been my favorite of the night, with a lovely, "I'm sitting in a field of lavender" sense to it.

Then Beach Pass, because Paso Robles holds a dear place in my heart. It maintained that heart position.


We moved on to an Argentinian rosé, which I think Robert and I hogged most of while discussing the future of live theatre post covid.


And I forgot to take a picture of the Pink Duck (ok, I really forgot to take pictures of all of these and had to pull them out of the recycling the next day but somehow missed the Pink Duck), but it was also very good.)

So the best thing is that there is plenty more summer, and plenty more time for rosé. So meet me soon?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy