Free Ticket Weekend

For any number of reasons, life has been a lot lately. But this weekend I was also able to do some fun things!

WICKED has long been on Beatrix's bucket list. Thanks to her, I had started to like the music, but I've never been able to get through the book so I was not is sure about the show. But we were given tickets to yesterday's matinee, so attended and loved it! Yes, a great show. But time with my daughter, seeing her enjoy it? Priceless.

Today, I was given tickets to "A Scandalous West Wing Event with Joshua Malina" and attended with my friend Dan. It turned out to be a lot less about TWW and a lot more about Judaism — yes, I was I think the only gentle in attendance. Part discussion, part live taping of his podcast Chutzpod.


But it was interesting, and sometimes very funny, and led to a really good discussion afterwards as we walked around the St. Kate's campus a little.

Then we went to the final performance of Songs of Hope (tickets almost always free!). As Patrick once put it "Come for the music, stay for the tears." More later on how inspiring these kids are.


So a lot of stuff going on this weekend, along with the usual. I'm very grateful for random internet friends giving me tickets to things and allowing me new experiences!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set