Getting Potted (Project Week)

My friend Siobhan's gardens totally inspire me. We were over there for drinks the other night and she gave me a lovely tour of all the different areas and hidden gardens. She's especially good at potted gardens.

I rarely buy annuals because I am cheap, so I'm often not so good at potted gardens (besides the window boxes and the hosta I mentioned yesterday). This year in particular, due to money crunches, I have restrained my garden budget.

But over the weekend I was given some leftover annuals, and some canna bulbs, so pots it was!

Here are some before and after pictures of the front pots at Summit, on the steps to the sidewalk and to the porch.



At Ashland, I also did the front pots:



And the back ones (which made the back area lovely for my friend Stephanie to come over and have a rhubarbarita later last night):


They're not perfect. Until the cannas sprout, there's no major focus (and those pansies probably won't last all that long).

But for now, for some free annual colored flowers, I'm happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy