Small Gardens (Project Week)

We're on a roll of getting several projects done around here. Before I cover the BIG ones we're going, let's look at some smaller ones (even though they were, somehow, not substantially less work).

So in the last 24 hours at Ashland I have:

Planted the garage window boxes. I always plant them with impatiens; once I tried something different but was sad all summer, so we're back to them. (yes, I know the garage badly needs painting).


I also planted the vegetable garden, which was more work than you would think because it badly needed to be cleaned out. This is a raised bed I got 13 years or so ago as the incentive for taking a food sustainability class. I wasn't going to do a vegetable garden this year but then I got given the plants (one each broccoli, cauliflower, tomato and two bean plants), so I decided to give it a try. It could probably use more veggie plants.


I also always put a hosta in a pot to brighten up a dim section of the yard. I like the subtle variation of this one (and I generally really do NOT like hosta, which I call "hostages"...)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy