Spring Gardening

There haven't been a lot of posts lately because I have not had a lot of great things to say. And, as I remind Beatrix, social media is a very curated experience...

But I shook off the funk briefly tonight to get some gardening done. I've long wanted a forsythia, and got this one off a neighborhood board. Patrick was patient with me when it was bigger than I expected and so didn't fit in the initial space I envisioned. But I think it looks pretty great in the place we found for it, which had been a very drab part of the yard. Thanks to Patrick also for digging the hole for it.


Meet Frank the Forsythia

I was also give some dirt from people who were doing some landscaping in their yard. Out front lawn has been a sunken mess since we had the water mains replaced a million years ago, and the side bed was looking pretty deflated as well. So we built the side hill back up, and I'm not sure what exactly I'll plant there yet. Patrick flattened out the yard, and we picked up a fescue and clover bee lawn mix for it that I'm pretty excited about.


Yeah, I know it does not look all that great right now...

I'm being pretty careful about asking people about jumping worms and rinsing roots, so I think this will turn out ok. We lost a hydrangea tree in back, and I'm not sure that evergreen at the front will make it. I definitely need some new plants to fill areas, and probably some new landscape rock as well (all on the shoe stringiest of budgets!). But I am cautiously optimistic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy