Painting the Town

I went out with a fellow empty-nesting friend the other day and she commented that she had themed her months so far; September was concerts, and October was friends. That's always a highly successful technique for me and I realized I had done so as well, with September being home projects and October bring friends, with an overlay of travel.

So in the transition between the two, I bring you paint time!

We went out to a stencil night at MetroNOME last week after neighborhood Patio Night, where we got to hang out with the fun people at Owl's Eye Art, screenprint a Roller Girls shirt, and use up a Craftapped BOGO. So all in all a super-successful night.





Then, in preparation for moving the houseplants in from the summer, I redid the front plant table, which was looking very worn.

I don't have a full before picture, but Trouble helps you get the gist:


I painted the base black with some old spray paint:


Then pulled out a stencil set I had purchased eons ago when I had taken a stenciling class at Rethos and planned to do a lot more of it:


The result *looks* good:


But in the spirit of full disclosure I should say that the old gold stencil paint refuses to fully dry, even somehow with a layer of poly over it (I know, right?), so I am evaluating my next moves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House on the Rock vs. Taliesin

Coya

Holding On, Letting Go