Things That Make Me Feel Warm and Cozy

 - The new hibiscus plants I got off the BST that brighten up our yard. I'm hoping to overwinter them inside but right now they are in the yard.

- Books! I just dropped off a ton of Beatrix's outgrown books to a Capitol Hill School effort to provide a parent-led "bookmobile" that drops off books for kids while they can't come to school.

- The bright new rug I got (also off the BST) for my office area (and look how clean it is!).

- Baking. I've vowed to up my game in baking this winter. I enjoy it, and I am serviceable, but I want to get really good. What are your favorite recipes?

- Clothing exchanges. I REALLY miss clothing exchanges, so I've set up a free rack outside our place. Stop by and take something to brighten up your wardrobe, or drop something off!

- Drinks, combined with unionization. Who wants to meet me at Lawless, Stillheart, or Fair State Co-op soon? They have all unionized in the last week, with ownership voluntarily collaborating with the workers, knowing that everyone wants to make the the establishment they work at just a little better.

Comments

Andrea Leap said…
I told you I always read these. :)

Ok, so for baking I would highly recommend books by Dorie Greenspan - she has one that's ALL baking and one that's all cookies. I can loan you either one.

And I AM UP FOR AN OUTDOOR DISTILLERY! Lawless has been on my list. Give me a day that works for you usually?

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy