And Just Like That It's Over...

 ...we tend to our wounded, we count our dead

black and white soldiers wonder alike if this really means freedom

Not Yet.

---

Tonight I stood in front of the glass door at the amazing Saint Paul Corner Drug (which has cleared out everything in the store so they can give as many vaccines as efficiently as possible), and watched an incredibly brave Beatrix get her first shot of Pfizer. She has a terrible fear of needles, but she hates covid more. I cried when I got her the appointment, but tonight it was just an unbelievable relief.


And then as I drove away I heard the news about the ending of the mask mandate, both from the CDC and now in MN.

And honestly I'm just sitting here shell-shocked.

It's been such a long haul. So much has changed. I'm not sure I even know how to process it all. I don't think I thought it would change this fast, and I'm unsure of my footing.

But I am incredibly determined to take this as an exciting new chance moving forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy