Socialization and What It Means

This weekend, we returned to socialization — not in terms of huge parties or anything, but people, gathering together, to achieve things. And I had not realized how much I had missed it!

Friday night, we took Beatrix and her friend to a Saints game with some tickets I got from a client (ok, no higher purpose there, but it was a lot of fun). I have not been to a Saints game in years!

I started Saturday with a launch party for an Irvine Park coloring book that I had done some pro bono historical advising for. It's beautiful and I am so glad the author got it finished! It was at our friends' house (the cover pic), which made it all the more fun.

I then went to help garden at another friend's. A group of us took over her yard and cleaned it up and planted things. It was so great to see them and to make K's yard pretty; she is an amazing woman that gives so much of herself to others. It would have been very fun to share plants from our yards with her, but we went the purchased route due to fear of jumping worms, and it's going to look lovely! It is amazing how much people can do when they band together.

I then stopped at a micro art fair that my friend Rachael put together and bought some art (ok, it's a weakness) — so many great artists! As Rachael sad "We need this, I need this!"


I came home to find a print in the mail from a Native American artist; I had donated a blanket to her for an installation, and this was her thank you.


Beatrix's Norwegian dance group performed in Stillwater for Sytennde Mai, the first time they had danced in 16 months (though they had a short rehearsal last month). I was very proud of them.


Then shopping in Stillwater and out to an overnight at amazing animal sanctuary retreat, which I will write about later. Plus dinner inside in an actual restaurant! Vaccinations are amazing things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy