Good Day, Even Better Night

Yesterday I was lucky enough to host large clothing exchanges for two very different online groups I am part of. While I LOVE clothing exchanges (they are basically how I buy all my clothes now) for their thrift and ingenuity, what I really love is having face time IRL with the people I know online. They are wonderful and supportive people. It made the snow showers much more tolerable!

In between swaps, Patrick and I ran out and grabbed a drink at Waldmann Brewing with our friends Peg and Troy (and their daughter Natalie, who is Beatrix's friend). We all have Crafttapped, so it was a great way to get together and have a free beer!

Patrick and I tried out Monkey Palace, a new restaurant on Snelling that bills itself as a "Tandoori Restaurant and Alehouse" that is in soft open this week. Their beer list was a little slim for an "alehouse," but they also had a great looking cocktail list. We tried several of their bar snacks: veggie samosa, chicken wings, curried baked beans, kukuiri bindi (fried okra), and some of the best naan I have ever had. It's just open, so there were a few kinks, as one would expect. But in general I really liked it. That area could use a gathering place (there's not much besides Sweet Peas and Plums, neither of which are too great). I hope they add lunch service in the future! We will for sure be back.

Then, the highlight of the night — seeing Shawn Colvin and Mary Chapin Carpenter at O'Shaugnessy. We had great seats thanks to the awesome staff there, and an over two-hour concert flew by. I have loved Shawn Colvin for thirty years (yes, Steady On was released thirty years ago, she just re-released it acoustically and it's sooooo on my Amazon list), and I was familiar with Mary Chapin Carpenter but replay fell in love with her music last night. The two are amazing playing together, with a deep friendship and patter that made the whole evening truly intimate and lovely. Patrick and I have been on quite a roll of good concerts lately and this was magic!



We needed the night at Lawless. We always end at Lawless. It was lovely.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy