Pandemic Projects - Fall Bulbs

One of my New Year's resolutions was to plant lots of bulbs at both Summit and Ashland. I just ordered 200 bulbs (scilla, tulips, crocus, allium, grape hyacinth, dwarf iris, a couple of different kinds of daffodils, jonquils, snowdrops, and glory of the snow). The other day I planted them at Ashland, and today I planted under the magnolias at Summit. I'm thinking of planting some datura under the trees next summer.


I also got several bags of pine needles from our friends Tom and Sarah to mulch under the magnolias. Pine needles are a great mulch for magnolias, and look really nice as well. We're still fighting some scale that mysteriously began after the neighbors did some damage to the trees, so they can use all the help they can get!

I'm looking forward to a spring of lovely blooms at both places!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy