Pandemic Projects - Summit Bathroom Embellishments

Our friend T and her family are about to move into Summit, and I had *really* wanted to do a couple of bathroom upgrades for he. The first was that I wanted to put up some tile that I had gotten from my friend Sheryl when she closed her studio.

It had been a long time since I had tiled — and don't say "it's like riding a bike" because I don't possess that skill. But Elyse had extra grout and thinset that she gave me, so I did not have to get big bags, and I decided to give it a try.

Here's the end result, so it comes up as the main image for the post (I am so vain).


Here's the before pic:

I had done the thinset yesterday, and was happy to find out I still knew my way around a trowel.




Today was grouting. I could not find my floor, but got a stiff sponge to work well.

The tiles have lots of detail so it was harder than usual smooth tile, but I really love the way it looks (and I hope T does too!) Slowly, we are making the Summit house reflect more of our funky aesthetic.


Meanwhile, Patrick replaced the caulking in the shower, which also looked much better! I had meant to hang on to an old credit card to try the trick of ending with it, but he did ok on his own.

Before:


After:


Not bad for a day's work after a late night out and a morning of yoga!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy