Because he knows what to do in a trench. Ingenuitive.

Right about the time we went into stay-at-home I started to listed to Hamilton a lot more again.

Maybe it was prompted by a bootleg copy then was up on YouTube for about 3 and a half minutes. Maybe it was the John Krasinski "Some Good News" zoom call. Maybe it was just what I was needing.

But I also noticed Lin-Manuel Miranda popping up more actively on my Twitter feed, doing more things, playing more pieces, quite obviously working something through his mind.

I even said to Patrick "Wouldn't it be AMAZING if they released the Hamilton movie early?"

You see, seeing Hamilton on Broadway, with the original cast, was a really life-changing theater moment for me (ok, and well everyone else too, I'm not a special snowflake on this one).

But then, as we walked back to the hotel, I was overtaken with a profound sense of sadness, that I would NEVER have that experience again, seeing those people do that show. It's one of the reasons I have not seen any of the other productions.

Now if I have learned one thing from the pandemic so far, it's the stage and film are very different. And I still have not worked out in my head what that means in general.

But it does mean I'll be subscribing to Disney+ and looking forward to July 3.

I wonder if we'll break the streaming platform.

I wonder how many times I can watch it in a row.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy