Grateful For

There's so much that's hard and scary right now. But in the midst of it, I can find things to be grateful for.

This afternoon we took a break after Beatrix was done with school for the day and took a short hike through Tamarack Park in Woodbury. It's a funny mix of a place — some very peaceful parts (like the bog, already full of frogs and march marigolds), and then parts of the path that back right up to a daycare and a FedEx. Where the path ends you have to circle back on an asphalt path by a busy road to get back to the start fo the trail. But still it was pretty, and I'm glad that we in Minnesota have close-by places where we can get away to nature. We didn't see another soul while we were there, and it was nice to not have to worry about masks and social distancing.



I'm grateful that we have a child that still likes to spend time with us.

I'm glad that we took the trips we did last summer and fall, even the quick overnight to Duluth that was completely crammed in, because I don't know when we'll get to do that again.

I'm happy for good food and hanging out together, even when we ache to be able to go other places.

I have clients who still fill me with joy to work with.

I'm grateful for what I've built of my life, even when it shifts and changes right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy