Pandemic Projects - Sunday Organization Day

While yesterday was a Major Big Project Deal of taking off the layers of flooring in the upstairs hallway, I can't show you yet because those pictures are waiting for a Big Hallway Reveal. Suffice it to say that Patrick worked his butt off, while I drove Beatrix around on her errands (yes, she's getting to be that age.)

But today, after delivering some plants and some of the dog treats that Beatrix had made to her friends' dogs (all in the rain), we tackled some work on the 3rd floor.

I had originally intended to be craft, but that got foiled when my sewing machine had some tension issues with the bobbin. Patrick fixed it though, and we think he should start a new business called "Of Course I Can Fix Your Sewing machine - I Can Fix Macs, Can't I?"

Meanwhile, I finally framed the cross stitch I had done with my friend Anna a couple of years ago:



I also attacked a big stack of mending. My sewing skills are kind of "costume shop adequate" on a good day, but it's been awhile since I've done any sewing, and so my work was kind of ham-handed. It felt good to get it done though.



Beatrix also sorted through the 10+ bags of clothes that she had cleaned out, and we made care package bags of some of them to dry off for her younger friends Freya and Chloe. We also packed up some bags for Everyday People when they re-open, though I really still don't know how I feel about going to stores.

We ended the day with a delicious dinner and a hot fudge cake, so those parts were excellent!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set