Pandemic Projects in Paper

As I have posted, recently we have taken on a massive art framing/hanging project. We are far from done, as the mountain of things to find places to hang still dominates out living room.

We're fortunate to have a lot of artist friends, so we have a lot of great art. And, the by-product of spending part of my twenties traveling around the world is that I have a lot of pieces from other countries as well, especially from Asia. 

So when you have *too much art* (snorts, because that is not really possible), you have to find places to put it. 

And then, in "Corona Cleaning," I recently cleaned out the linen closet, which gets opened every day because it's also where the cat food lives. It looks great when I look at the shelves now, and I wanted to do something to keep me cheerful and inspire me to keep it organized.

So, I took some of the small frames we have acquired, and some marbled book pages we had made during a family art night at Junket a few years back, and some paper cuts that I have had kicking around for over 30 years (yikes!)


I framed up the paper cuts with the book page backgrounds, and loved how it looked.


And then hung the pictures in the linen closet (see, you get to see my neat shelves as well!).




Now you might say that hanging art in your linen closet is pointless. But like the little vintage print over the kitchen sink, and the Polish piece over the coffeemaker, I get to see these and have them brighten my life every day. And isn't that what art is for?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set